Hi! Come on in and look around!

Welcome to my window on the world. A snapshot of my life and experiences. I'm a photography junkie and a scrapbook addict. I capture it all here, and share my journey down this amazing road called LIFE with you!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What CAn I Tell You About Africa?

What can I begin to say about my experience in Africa except that the Holy Spirit revealed himself in so many ways. I was enveloped, surrounded, on fire! He was so evident in everything that happened. I find it hard to express in words his wonders. I experienced the fruit of the spirit: Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)


22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The most evident I can share was when I was starting with motion sickness really badly on our bumpy, jostling bus ride our last day out to work. I said, "Holy Spirit please take this motion sickness from me," and it was gone. LIKE THAT! And I get motion sickness just thinking about a wild ride! So I also had the start of a whopper of a migraine. I could feel it coming. I was so amazed I said, "Can you take my migraine, too."  It was taken.

It's just so hard to write about the greatness, the omnipotence, the sheer envelopment during my time in Africa. It's amazing what you can hear and experience with God when all life's distractions are missing.

I have more to share, but that is the start of my writings about this great, life altering experience from which I will never be the same as I was! How could I be?

No comments: